Social Media Manager – Job Description
We are looking for someone with several years’ experience working with multiple brands in the social media marketing space combined with managing and motivating a team dedicated to social media marketing. We’re looking for a highly organized, strong communicator, client-facing, rock-star that bleeds social media marketing. We are growing and need someone that can hit the ground running!
Candidate will oversee Social Media campaigns which include but are not limited to: research, campaign & content creation, execution, monitoring and reporting. You will also create public relations opportunities for Atomic relating to new business, news and successes with the goal of Atomic being known as a resource and influencer in the online marketing field. A knowledge of some SEO best practices is also helpful but not a requirement (we can teach) as it is correlated to items we do in the social marketing and SEO space.
- Work with clients to create a social media strategy that collaborates with marketing
- PR and advertising campaigns
- Research top influencers, competitors, and trends in clients’ industries
- Create timely and engaging content optimized for platform used and intended audience
- Monitor sites for customer service opportunities and initiate conversations on behalf of the client
- Analyze and report social media actions on a monthly basis for successes and new opportunities
- Create engaging and professional visuals that reflect client and their brand
- Customize social media pages (ex. Facebook, Twitter, Google+, YouTube), develop supporting offline collateral, create original content, etc
- Manage social media team members’ (includes interns) responsibilities, conduct team meetings, advise on projects, and motivate team members
- Continue to refine and define our social marketing process
- Atomic marketing materials, social media content and shared by employees
- Identify and develop opportunities and PR connections for Atomic to be used as a resources for public relations (print, online, speaking, consulting)
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Experience managing a team of Social Media and/or PR team members
- Proven success with social media campaigns and/or PR management
- Knowledge and experience with common monitoring and reporting tools for Social Media and PR
ADDITIONAL CONSIDERATION FOR…
- Be happy, smile, and bring a positive attitude to the office (bringing yummy treats to the office is always a bonus too)
- Ability to work as a team to create a solid branding message for each client
- Ability to create and deliver press releases based on Atomic’s achievements, new clients, client news and employee achievements
- A passion for staying current with social media trends and tools – including attending networking and educational events, reading blogs, and listening to podcasts
Apply Online Below
Are you hiring a Social Media Manager?
Download our FREE guide:
PR Manager’s Guide to Hiring the Perfect Social Media Manager
Find & hire the best social media manager!
The free guide includes these resources:
- Regional salary guidelines
- Sample job description, responsibilities, and needed skills
- Places to post your job to find qualified candidates
- Researching your potential new hire
- Five key interview questions and additional questions
- Best practices and tasks for a social media manager’s schedule
- Additional considerations for social media mgmt
What’s it like to join our team?
We’re a group of passionate digital marketing fanatics looking for fellow leaders, thinkers, and people that want to grow personally and professionally! We’re a Digital Marketing Agency uniquely celebrating over 20 years in business in the DFW area!
Our offices are located in west Plano; most of the team works from home; but we still have some that come to the office. We’re a tight group of professionals that enjoy learning from and supporting each other. Our clients are Fortune 50, Fortune 500, and SMBs looking to work with our wickedly creative digital marketing team. We work inside several verticals including healthcare, legal, manufacturing, ecommerce, and non-profit.
In the Community
We’re proud corporate sponsors of many local professional marketing groups and non-profits. We frequently attend and sponsor events held by these organizations! Hope we see you at an event soon – if you see us; say hi!
- Health Insurance
- Medical, Vision, Dental, Life
- 401 (k) program
- 4% match!
- 2 Weeks PTO
- Extra Paid week off at Christmas
- 9 National holidays
- Monthly training budget
- Work from home
- Bonuses for account growth
- Working with a fun team of pros!
Professional Organizations & Partnerships
An Insiders View…
We’re Focused on Culture
We have implemented the CultureWise™ program to help us share our company fundamentals. We have fun competitions and regular discussions around them so that we’re all operating with the same fundamentals to grow as an agency and individually.
Sometimes we enjoy “Think & Drink” at local hot spots while other times the team shares unique goodies with each other.
Regardless of what fundamental we’re focused on, or where “Think & Drink” is being held, the experience is part thinking and part team building… the perfect combination to get your creative juices flowing and spur on new ideas for our clients and Atomic!
We Have Fun Together
Whether we’re cheering on the Allen Americans (4-time champions) hockey games, TopGolf, bowling, or playing games for a company outing… we’re having a good time!
We Love Learning
We invest in learning. Every employee gets a monthly budget to attend seminars, conferences, and other learning opportunities so they can continue their personal and professional growth!
Not only that, we have lunch-and-learns in the office and are big believers in cross-training everyone so that our team can help each other more effectively. If you like to grow – this is the place for you!