Five things you may have missed in the social-sphere this week.

The world of a social media community manager is always evolving. This makes for an interesting day, but sometimes there just aren’t enough hours in the day to keep up. That’s why I brought you the list of important things that happened across the social space this week.

Facebook Promotion Button

Or, as I like to call it, the Promotion of EdgeRank fail. This week, Facebook added a new button to the status update bar call promotion. This button will allow Pages to pay so the fans that opted to see your content by liking the page will actually get to see the posts you worked so hard to create. According to a Facebook, an average of 16% of your Facebook likes will see any given post. To get in front of the other 84% of your audience, you will have to pay up. The cost depends on how many people currently like your page and how many people you want to reach.

Facebook Allows Scheduled Posts

Several changes were made by Facebook this week; this one is actually something marketers will like though! Now, we are officially able to schedule posts directly from Facebook. This means if you have a picture or video to share you can now (somewhat) easily schedule the posts right on Facebook, if you can find it.

Facebook apparently likes to see if we are all paying attention because they placed this new feature under the same button you would use to show an event on your Timeline. Once you click on that little clock, all you do is set the date and time for future instead of the past. Facebook, making it easy for marketers since… well, never mind.

Facebook Admin Views

If you have multiple administrators on a Facebook page, you will want to take advantage of this new feature. You can now put each admin in a specific category depending on what they do for the page. This will take the worry out of adding a client or a new intern to the page to admin.

Google+ and Google Places Combine

This update may not have received as much exposure as Facebook’s updates, but this is actually a pretty big deal if you are into SEO and rankings. Google Places now has a place in the Google+ world. Apparently, Google really wants this Google+ thing to catch on and they are going to make sure businesses have to use it to rank well.

Personally, I’m a fan of putting Places on the Plus pages. Why? I recently created a Google+ business page and all I had to do was enter the phone number and all the info from the Google places page populated onto the Google+ page.

Lady Gaga Hits 25 Million Twitter Followers

Why is this important? It’s really not, but she is the first one to reach 25 million followers on Twitter and the fact that she beat Justin Bieber to the punch gave me some hope for the teenagers of the world.

These are just a few things that happened in the social world this week, what did I miss?

Blog Categories

Interested in a specific topic? Review the categories below and get the info, news, and tips you need based on your interest!

Recent Posts